The Law of Intellectual Property, Third Editionby Craig Allen Nard , ProfessorMichael J. Madison , Mark McKenna , David W. Barnes
Format: SMARTe Edition
Built on the required textbook that your professors have assigned you, SmartBooks, provide a fully interactive digital experience. The SmartBook ebook feature additional course resources including videos, links and related case and statutory material. SmartBooks enable you to add your own notes, highlight important passages, and build your own case briefs --- all within one convenient online platform.
Practical and comprehensive, The Law of Intellectual Property has an innovative pedagogical design that makes teaching and learning Intellectual Property easier, but no less rewarding. Introductions to principal cases highlight salient issues, review the evolution and development of law, and include key statutory provisions at the end of substantive section—making a statutory supplement unnecessary. Notes clarify technological points and expand on the theory, context, and significance of each case.
The updated Third Edition welcomes new co-author Mark McKenna , who is a highly regarded trademark scholar.
The SmartBook features:
- A complete electronic version of your textbook
- A unique Brief Builder tool to create and house your case briefs
- Note-taking tools and multi-color highlighting capabilities
- Case and statutory links to the Loislaw primary research database
- Links to sample documents, in-depth material, and relevant YouTube and other media files
- A downloadable version of your textbook and mobile access on your Smartphone or Tablet
This user-friendly approach to teaching Intellectual Property features:
- current and comprehensive coverage
- a distinguished author team with extensive experience in patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights
- dynamic and innovative pedagogy that enriches study and doesn’t hide the ball
- problems drawn from real-world cases
- a detailed Teacher’s Manual with suggested syllabi, teaching notes, and more
Important Note: To access the full, online SmartBook, you will need internet access. The online SmartBook allows you to print 10 pages per print function, and your case briefs can be exported to an RTF file for use in Microsoft Word or other word processors. The 12-month license of the SmartBook begins on the day of purchase. In addition to online access, you may download a full text version of the book to your machine, which does not expire after 12 months. In order to access the downloadable version, you will need to install Adobe Digital Editions (free - instructions provided at the SmartBook home page).
Chapter 1. Introduction
Chapter 2. Acquiring Patent Rights
Chapter 3. Rights of Patent Owners
Chapter 4. Defenses to Patent Infringement
Chapter 5. Patent Remedies Patent Statutes
Chapter 6. Acquiring Copyrights
Chapter 7. Enforcing Copyrights
Chapter 8. Defenses to Copyright Infringement
Chapter 9. Remedies for Copyright Infringement Copyright Statutes
Chapter 10. Acquiring Trademark Rights
Chapter 11. Enforcing Trademark Rights
Chapter 12. Defenses to Trademark Infringement
Chapter 13. Remedies for Trademark Infringement Trademark Statutes
Chapter 14. Trade Secrets