Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) Review (2 Volume Set)by James J. Rigos
The new edition of the Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) Review retains the conversational, easy-to-understand approach of the first edition, and features up-to-date content. Complete explanations of all MBE subjects, with integrated "Learning Questions" help reinforce learning. One of the largest banks of MBE practice questions available, more than 1,700 multiple-choice questions offer extensive MBE practice.
The "Magic Memory Outlines" and "Make Your Own Exam" features on the free included CD allow you to customize your notes and studying as you go. A mock 6 -hour, 200 -question practice MBE presents the opportunity to test yourself in a simulated exam experience.
* This book is also available in eBook format at the Kindle Store
- Legal Capacity – 3 I’s.
- Legal Subject Matter.
- Statute of Frauds.
- Void or Voidable Circumstances.
- Interpretation of Contract.
- UCC Sale of Goods Provisions.
- Liability of UCC Goods Seller.
- Performance and Breach. Remedies.
- Third Party Beneficiaries.
- Assignment of Rights.
- Delegation of Duties.
- Overall Memory Ladder.
- MBE Exam Coverage.
- General Concepts/Definitions.
- Intentional Torts. Negligence – ABCD.
- Misrepresentation or Fraud.
- Strict Liability. Products Liability.
- Nuisance. Defamation.
- Invasion of Privacy Torts.
- Interference with Advantageous Relations.
- Abuse of Legal Proceedings.
- Alienation of Affection and Related Claims.
III. REAL PROPERTY.
- Property MBE Coverage.
- Real v. Personal Property Distinction.
- Concurrent Estates.
- Non-Possessory Interests – ELP.
- Private Use Restrictions & Limitations.
- Government Land Use Regulation.
- Agreements to Transfer.
- Conveying Deeds and Related.
- Adverse Possession.
- Real Property Financing Instruments.
- Owner’s Rights.
- Landlord and Tenant.
- Estates in Land.
- General Provisions Under the FRE.
- Character Evidence - FRE 404 and 405.
- Habit and Routine Practice - FRE 406.
- Subsequent Remedial Measures - FRE 407.
- Offers of Compromise – FRE 408 & 410.
- Payment of Medical Expenses – FRE 409.
- Liability Insurance – FRE 411.
- Witness Competency.
- Witness Credibility Impeachment.
- Witness Presentation and Interrogation.
- Opinion and Expert Testimony.
- Document Authentication and Identification.
- Best Evidence Rule.
II. CONSTITUTIONAL LAW.
- Federal Courts’ Authority – Organizations.
- Federal Courts’ Authority – Federal Judicial Review.
- Separation of Powers – Federal Congressional Power.
- Separation of Powers – Federal Executive Power.
- Federalism – Intergovernmental Immunities and Taxation.
- Federalism – Dormant Commerce Clause.
- Individual Rights – State Action.
- Individual Rights – Equal Protection.
- Individual Rights – Due Process.
- Other Individual Rights.
- First Amendment Rights – Religion Clauses.
- First Amendment Rights – Freedom of Speech.
III. CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE.
- MBE Exam Coverage.
- Overview: General Principles of Criminal Law.
- Inchoate Offenses.
- Other Crimes.
- Overview: General Principles of Criminal Procedure.
- Search and Seizure.
- Confession and Interrogation.
- Pre-Trial Proceedings.
- Double Jeopardy.
- Remedy for Violations of Constitutional Protections: The Exclusionary Rule.
Published by Aspen Publishers. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopy, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher. Requests for permission to make copies of any part of this publication should be mailed to: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, Attn: Permissions Department, 76 Ninth Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10011-5201.