Essay Success Express Workbookby Marsha Graham , Elizabeth Weishaar
Essay Success Express is a self-teaching, standalone workbook designed to aid in preparation for the essay portion of the Massachusetts Bar Exam. Essay Success Express offers a thorough top-to-bottom approach, focusing on issue-spotting and writing specific responses for each issue in a fact pattern, avoiding external topics or issues, and writing simply and quickly to gain the most points on each essay question. This workbook concentrates on a black-letter law approach to both MBE topics and to Massachusetts-specific essay subjects. This workbook can be used as a stand-alone home-study tool, integrated into a law school's bar curriculum, or in conjunction with a bar review course.
A fresh approach to deciphering Massachusetts essays, this easy-to-use workbook:
- Focuses practice time on the topics the state Bar Examiners test and re-test.
- Outlines how to recognize and write a succinct essay answer through organization of concept clusters, rules, and definitions.
- Provides the user maximum flexibility to arrange his/her study schedule and maximize learning.
- Offers breakdowns of released Massachusetts Bar Exam essays.
- Guides users through the process of writing issue-rich essays.
- Supplies simple and effective techniques for identifying parties, key facts, and applying the appropriate rule.
- Provides complete coverage of the Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) subjects: Constitutional Law, Contracts, Criminal Law and Procedure, Evidence, Real Property, and Torts; as well as the Massachusetts-specific subjects: 93A, Agency, Business Associations, Domestic Relations, Federal Jurisdiction, Massachusetts Civil Procedure, Guardianship, Landlord-Tenant, Professional Responsibility, Wills and Trusts, UCC Articles 3, 4, and 9.
II. The Essay Success Express (ESE) Method.
III. Flash Practice.
IV. ESE Extras.
V. The Big Six – MBE Subjects.a. Constitutional Law.
c. Criminal Law & Procedure.
e. Real Property.
VI. Appendix.a. About the Authors.